Wednesday, March 26, 2014

5 Things I have too many of...

I thought that I had really minimized how much "stuff" I have.  I tend to move frequently and that makes for donating and downsizing regularly.  However, it seems there are a few things I tend to collect...not use very often, but I have built up a nice collection.

1.  Feng Shui Books -  I love the idea of Feng Shui.  The concept of keeping positive energy moving through my living space.  Apparently I think having 5 books on the topic will make this happen.  I am closer now than ever before.  This is not because these books are collecting dust on my book shelves. I realize that I am only peaceful when things are in order.  Decluttering is a good way to do that..maybe I should start by getting rid of 4 of the 5 books, then actually read the one I am keeping.

Move Your Stuff Change Your Life

Feng Shui for You and Your Cat

These are two of the books and I have actually read and love them.  I am keeping them both!!  Progress not perfection.

2.  Bath and Body Works Lotion - I have 23 various containers of lotion.  I will NEVER have to buy any more lotion.  The kicker is I rarely remember to use it.  So if you need lotion let me know I will share.   I had a ton of shower lotion and scrub, but I actually have used all of that up.  I guess I have a new routine of self care to begin.  It kind of makes me think of Silence of the Lambs..."It puts the lotion on or it gets the hose again."   Maybe that's why I don't use it..hehe.

3.  Make-up - I have more make up than anyone could ever use!  I rarely wear it.  People always ask what the occasion is when I do.  I buy it constantly.  Does make up expire?  I am sure I have make-up from 20 years ago in here.  Do you throw it out or give it away?  This one for some reason is going to be a tough one.

4.  Hair products - I have thin, fine hair and, evidentially, I will buy whatever you are pushing when I am in your chair and you have scissors in your hand.  I am challenged when it comes to styling my hair anyway.  I have to keep it simple.  This I can let go of.

5. Empty Wine Bottles -  I decided last year to start decorating bottles as a craft and thought I might sell them.  I mentioned this to a couple people at work.  Who would have thought people would bring me boxes and boxes of wine and liquor bottles.  I kind of felt like some kind of a dealer.  I had people coming to my cube and say "I parked by your car...meet me outside and we can move the boxes over without everyone seeing."  One lady came up and said "here...don't judge." and walks away.  I had to laugh.  If they only knew that if I were still drinking I would never have had to ask for bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mama Kat

Mama’s Losin’ It